- Matthew 22:32 - 4 Maccabees 7:19
- 1 Maccabees 3:60 - Matthew 6:10
- Pseudo-Philo Biblical Antiquities 3:10 - Revelation 20:12
- Baruch 1:11 - 1 Timothy 2:2
- Sirach 4:31 - Barnabas 19:9
- Tobit 4:10 - Polycarp Epistle to the Philippians 10
- Tobit 12:8 - 2 Clement 16:4
- Judith 8:32 - 1 Clement 55:4
- Wisdom of Solomon 12:10 - 1 Clement 7:5
- Wisdom of Solomon 12:12 - 1 Clement 27:5
Most Viewed Texts
What is intertextuality?
Intertextuality is about the relationships between literary texts and how they can be interconnected. This applies to all texts: novels, works of philosophy, religion, newspaper articles, films, songs, paintings, and more. In order to understand intertextuality, it’s crucial to understand this broad definition of the word “text” and that every text is affected by all the texts that came before it.
Intertextuality shows how much a culture can influence its authors, even as the authors in turn influence the culture. When you create a work of art, literature, or scholarship, you are inevitably influenced by everything that you’ve seen or read up to that point. Even seemingly disparate fields, such as music and philosophy, can exert a strong influence on each other through intertextuality. Similarly, authors from different cultures and historical periods can influence each other!
Intertextuality also shows how a similar cultural, religious, political, or moral ideology can be expressed in very different ways through different cultural practices.
- Ali, Mochamad Rethinking the Semitic Texts: A Study of Intertextuality Airlangga University, 2011
- Green, J. B. Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels: A Compendium of Contemporary Biblical Scholarship InterVarsity Press, 2018
- Koenig, John New Testament Hospitality Partnership with Strangers as Promise and Mission Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2001
- Bauckham, Richard The Fate of the Dead: Studies on the Jewish and Christian Apocalypses Brill, 1998
- Hoffmann, Matthias Reinhard Angelomorphic Christology and the Book of Revelation The University of Durham, 2003
- View and Search 309 references
- Rabbinic - Hebrew Bible
- New Testament - Hebrew Bible
- Rabbinic - New Testament
- New Testament - Deuterocanon
- New Testament - Pseudepigrapha
- Rabbinic - Deuterocanon
- The Golden Rule
- Tablet of Destinies