- Sirach 21:6 / Clement of Alexandria The Instructor 1.8
- Sirach 21:10 / Matthew 7:13
- Sirach 21:18 / Origen Contra Celsum 7.12
- Sirach 21:20 / Clement of Alexandria The Instructor 2 5:5
- Sirach 21:21 / Clement of Alexandria The Instructor 3.11
- Sirach 21:22 / Niddah 16b
- Sirach 21:27 / Origen Homilies on Joshua 15 6
The book here referred to as Ben Sira is known by a number of names. In Jewish tradition it was called Ben Sira and in early Christian Bibles it is titled Sirach (son of Sira). In the Latin Vulgate it was given the title Ecclesiasticus, or Church Book. The book is very similar to the book of Proverbs and was popular among both Christians and Jews, yet although it stands firmly within the biblical tradition in some ways, it is unusual in others.